Friday, April 03, 2009

Comcast Installation

I stopped by my parents to check out their new Hi-Def television. The picture didn't look right so I peeked behind the set to inspect the cable connections. The cable installer used a variety of composite and audio/video cables that were left over from the previous system to cobble together a "component like" cable to connect the TV to the cable box and the DVD player to the TV. In addition the CATV connector was poorly crimped to the RG6 cable . I asked my Dad if he had hooked this up himself, and he told me that it has all been done by the man from Comcast.

I immediately swapped out the "component like" cables with two HDMI cables, crimped on a new CATV connector and had the system working like it was supposed to. The picture looked great!

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comments here: